Breast hurts after Intercourse
Breast pain after intercourse worries many women. While the pain usually does not indicate any serious disorder or pregnancy, it should not be ignored and a woman is recommended to have a consultation at the gynecologist.
- The most common cause of breast pain after sex is too intensive breast stimulation during a sexual intercourse. Experiencing deep sexual pleasure, you may not notice hard squeezing of your breasts by a partner and sometimes aggressive touches give pleasure. However, later after sex you will feel painful consequences. Active stimulation is also the reason of painful nipples after sex. Pain may be caused by passionate kisses and bites. If you feel pain in the nipples after sex, examine them visually for microinjuries and cracks.
- In some cases, painful breasts after sex are just a coincidence and relates to certain phases of the menstrual cycle. Breast pain may also be explained by the body response to intensive hormonal burst during an orgasm.
When is breast pain a sign of a disorder?
- Mastopathy is a serious reason of pain in the breasts after sex. At the early stages, diffuse nodes do not cause any discomfort, but breast stimulation during a sexual intercourse may be painful. Women over the age of 40 should remember to have regular consultations at senologist. Disorders detected at the early stages are successfully treated.
- Breast pain after sex may relate to mastitis. Mastitis is an inflammation in the tissues of the mammary gland. Infection enters the mammary glands through different injuries (cracks, erosion, scratches). If the nipple is injured and painful, mastitis should be suspected.
- Lymphadenitis is an inflammation in regional lymph nodes of the mammary glands and it causes pain after sex. Swollen and enlarged lymph nodes may be responsible for pain even during a slight sexual stimulation. Enlarged lymph nodes are one of the body’s responses to infection, consequently, the pain is accompanied by fever, intoxication and other typical symptoms depending on the causative agent.
Pregnancy or hormonal imbalance?
If after the first sexual intercourse you feel breast pain, it may be explained by several reasons.
First, this painful feeling may be related to hormonal imbalance and still the changing body of a young girl. Another reason is psychological and emotional stress caused by the loss of virginity.
Inexperienced girls often ask a question whether breast pain after sex means pregnancy. Indeed, breast pain may appear in the first trimester, but it is not a guaranteed sign of pregnancy. Pregnancy can be detected only by ultrasound examination, human chorionic gonadotropin blood tests and examination of the gynecologist.