Cystalgia: Symptoms and Treatment
Cystalgia is a manifestation of painful urge to urinate, while urinalysis is normal. Often is a consequence of gynecological problems or abnormal ovarian function, which accompanies the hypersensitivity of the bladder. Pathology includes a whole complex of uncomfortable sensations. Characterized by frequent trips to the toilet, accompanied by blunt or sharp pain in the abdomen.
It is worth noting that the pain syndrome may not depend on the process of urine emission. Most often, the exacerbations are seasonal in nature. Symptoms are most pronounced in the autumn and winter months.
Many exogenous and endogenous factors can serve as the reasons for the progression of cystalgia:
- medical intervention for abortion;
- allergic reactions in the genital area
- any breach in the integrity of the hymen;
- disruption of the endocrine system
- Insufficiency of the gonads, accompanied by pains in the lower abdomen
- inadequate muscle development in the small pelvis
- imbalance of hormones;
- various sexual problems
- menstrual irregularities
- various gynecological operations
- menopause or menopause.
Often, such a disease affects women who are strongly influenced by their emotions or with «shattered» nerves. Against a background of unstable psyche inflammatory processes in the pelvic zone give impetus to the onset of progression of such a delicate disease. Also, the background of the cystitis, overcooling of the zone, deep shock or stress become the background for the problem.
Women with a weak psyche usually reacts sharply to changes in any processes in their body, are preconceived that they need something to hurt, and the subconscious itself gives rise to the formation of various unhealthy actions in the body as a whole and cystalgia in Particular. Gynecologists say that women with menopause, more precisely at the initial stage, because of changes in the body fall into depression and often they show signs of cystalgia.
Almost all women who have experienced a strong emotional surge suffer from cystalgia. Gynecologists have repeatedly been observed that the manifestation of the main symptoms is observed in the daytime. Clinical manifestations include:
- aching bladder pain
- violation of the periodicity of urine output
- When the process of urination separates a small amount of fluid. To fully emptying, a woman has to strain her muscles. This entails a certain duration of pain after a trip to the toilet
- pain in the perineum;
- feeling of incomplete emptying
- Discomfort in the urethra.
At the initial stage of the progression of cystalgia, the pain syndrome occurs only during the emptying of the bladder. But the more aggravated the inflammatory process, the more long and unreasonable pain becomes.
Diagnosis of the disease
The diagnosis can only be made by a specialist in the field of gynecology with a thorough examination. Cystalgia is diagnosed usually after a complete refutation of other female diseases. During the diagnosis, doctors pay attention to:
- obstetric intervention;
- Gynecology operations
- the nature of the sexual act;
- use of drugs that discourage pregnancy;
- a violation in the menstrual schedule;
- possible signs of inflammatory processes of the genital organs
Gynecologists necessarily conduct a full and thorough examination of female organs, laboratory tests of urine. It is noteworthy that in patients with cystalgia there are no deviations in the analyzes. Using X-rays and laboratory methods of examination, the functioning of a number of located internal organs is determined. With people who are exposed to stress or neurotic disorders, additional conversations are conducted with a neuropathologist. Particular attention is paid to the results of ultrasound of the uterus and pelvic organs.
Under the cystalgia treatment is meant not a step-by-step but an extensive approach. First of all, you need to eliminate the true causes that caused the disease (for example, get rid of the inflammatory processes of all organs of the genitourinary system), and only then symptomatic therapy is performed. Women are credited with consulting a psychologist. In addition, the treatment is:
- the appointment of a strengthening exercise program
- taking medications and painkillers that only the attending physician can prescribe;
- taking vitamin complexes;
- Specialized dietary nutrition. Gynecologists categorically forbid women to consume alcoholic beverages and spicy foods even during the most minimal amount. It is recommended to ensure that the body is not chilled;
- an important point of treatment is the refusal to change the sexual partners frequently;
- in the case of a high level of psychological stress, women are prescribed activity-enhancing drugs, and a relaxation method such as yoga.
Treatment of cystalgia can be carried out not only through medical intervention, but also folk remedies:
- to get rid of the psychological burden, you can use a variety of herbal decoctions, which will include mint, hops, valerian, lemon balm. In the preparation of such funds are very simple. It is only to pour a small pinch of grass or a mixture of herbs with boiling water, insist for about an hour and take half the glass of tincture before each meal;
- To reduce the painful symptoms of brewed oregano.
It is worth remembering that folk remedies will help only with initial symptoms of manifestation of cystalgia. If the pain accompanies a woman not only when visiting the toilet room, you should immediately contact a doctor for proper examination and monitoring the course of the disease. The independent treatment of cystalgia is prohibited.
Prevention of disease
In order to prevent the occurrence of cystalgia in women aged 18 to 50 years, you need to follow such recommendations:
- correct and timely treatment of inflammatory processes of female genital organs. It is strictly forbidden to engage in self-medication, as this can lead to additional complications;
- closely monitor your own nutrition, which must contain nutritional elements and vitamins
- lead a healthy lifestyle and it is desirable to completely get rid of bad habits;
- competently allocate time, clearly share professional activities and household responsibilities, leave enough time for rest and adequate sleep
- independently monitor the hormonal background of the organism
- If possible, try to protect yourself from stressful situations and minimize communication with unpleasant people.