Fibrosis (sclerosis) of the prostate: symptoms and treatment
Fibrosis of the prostate (another name for sclerosis of the prostate) is an ailment that often affects representatives of the strong half of humanity. It develops in men of different age groups. It is characterized by inflammation of the urethra, which develops as a result of the rapid proliferation of connective tissue. The more it grows, the more the seminal and urinary canals will be squeezed. All this is fraught with a violation of the process of urination, as well as the appearance of problems in sexual life.
Fibrous prostatitis develops in the body of a male in the presence of the following factors:
- blood vessel atherosclerosis
- chronic history of prostatitis;
- allergic reactions
- Maintaining a promiscuous sexual life. Especially often the disease develops in the event that sexual acts will happen irregularly
- malfunctions of the immune system
- hormonal disorders
- No sexual intercourse.
Fibrosis of the prostate has its own classification. Clinicians use it for a more accurate formulation of the final diagnosis. Based on the histology of the disease, the following forms are distinguished:
- Focal prostatic sclerosis
- prostate fibrosis, which is combined with nodular hyperplasia of adenomatous nature
- fibrosis with atrophy of the parenchyma
- fibrosis followed by transformation of the cyst.
The disease has several stages of development, each of which has its own clinical picture:
- 1 stage sclerosis of the prostate manifests the first signs of impaired urination. If at this time to consult a doctor and conduct treatment, the prognosis will be positive and the man will again be able to have a full sexual life;
- at 2 stages functional impairments of urine flow occur
- Stage 3. During this period in the organs of the genitourinary system, the first morphological changes begin to occur;
- for 4 stages changes affect already the ureters, the seminiferous tubules, the parenchyma of the kidneys and the bladder. Symptoms of the disease are very pronounced. The only correct method of treatment that will help get rid of fibrosis is surgery.
For fibrosis of the prostate is characterized by the presence of the following symptoms:
- During the ejaculation, the patient feels a sharp pain
- During urination, a man experiences significant discomfort
- after ejaculation in the semen can be blood;
- discomfort is felt during intercourse
- The erection is getting worse. In more severe cases, a man completely ceases to feel excited, as his libido decreases;
- aching pain in the perineum and in the groin
If you do not diagnose pathology in time and do not undergo the necessary course of treatment, then there can be various complications. For example, kidney failure, pyelonephritis, hydronephrosis. In most clinical situations, the disease is complicated by chronic prostatitis. Symptoms will be very pronounced, so the disease will not be difficult to diagnose. But it also happens that the sclerosis of the prostate proceeds without a single symptom, and this complicates its diagnosis. If you do not deal with his treatment, it is fraught with the development of serious complications, including kidney failure.
If you find at least three of the above symptoms, it is recommended that you immediately seek medical help from a hospital.
- rectal examination. With the help of this method, the urologist will be able to establish the presence or absence of inflammation and proliferating connective tissue
- Transrectal ultrasound. A unique technique that allows you to accurately establish the size of the prostate gland, its localization in the small pelvis of a man, and also get information about how close it is to other organs
- Prostagrafiya. The technique makes it possible to confirm or disprove the presence of fibrosis, prostate adenoma or tumors
- radioisotope study
Treatment of sclerosis of the prostate can be both conservative and operative. Often, doctors treat it with conservative means. Therapies use antibiotics, NPP, vitamins, as well as synthetic medications, whose action is aimed at improving blood circulation. Physiotherapy procedures are also shown. A good effect is given by prostate massage.
To surgical treatment resorted to if the urinary canals go stones. In case of a disease, they narrow because they are squeezed by an overgrown connective tissue, so the stones can not pass. In this case, the surgeon carries out the perineal section and the stones are removed.
Now the most effective treatment for ailment is laser therapy. The procedure passes completely without painful sensations. The surrounding tissues are not injured. With its help, you can completely eliminate the cause of the illness in a short period of time. This innovative technique has been used for several years and has proved its effectiveness during this time.