Microinsult: Symptoms and Treatment
The microinsult of the brain is a disease that results in a transient impairment of the circulation, as well as an ischemic attack of the brain. Symptoms of a micro stroke are very similar to the symptoms of a stroke, but unlike them there is. All signs of a micro-stroke can last from a few minutes to 24 hours.
Causes of the disease
There is an erroneous opinion that microinsult can occur in people over 45 years of age, but the risk of this terrible disease increases after 30 years. In addition, there are a number of diseases in which the risk of developing an ischemic micro-stroke increases. To such diseases it is necessary to carry:
- atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels
- myocardial infarction.
The provoking risk factors for the occurrence of pinpoint hemorrhages in the brain are:
- Obesity, overeating, overweight, malnutrition, eating fatty foods in large quantities.
- Work on which you must constantly sit, a sedentary lifestyle, lack of constant physical activity
- Alcohol abuse and smoking.
- Presence of diabetes.
- Excessive exercise.
- Stress and chronic fatigue.
- Spasm of small blood vessels that feed the brain, causing some cells to die.
Symptoms of ailment
How to identify a microstroke? To answer this question will help the first symptoms of a micro-stroke, which, as a rule, repeat the signs of ischemic impairment of the blood circulation of the brain. Identify easily, and those and others, the difference is only in the extent of the lesion, as well as the duration of the attack. For example, the symptoms of a micro-stroke can go away after a couple of seconds. In addition, it should be noted that the symptoms in women and men are almost identical, so there is no need to consider them separately.
Doctors, considering the symptoms of a micro stroke, believe that if such signs do not die out within the first 24 hours, and also have visible consequences, it is necessary to state exactly the development of a stroke.
Orientation and Sensitivity
The very first signs of a micro-stroke, in which it is necessary to help the victim, is a sense of weakness and loss of spatial orientation. This is especially dangerous when the focus affects the carotid artery basins in the brain area. The risk increases when the function of the motor apparatus is impaired.
Often the patient loses coordination and balance, as a result of which he can not stand still. According to patients, they feel vagrancy in the legs, and in the eyes there is a darkening, doubling or appearing white flies & raquo;.
Changing the speech functions
Also, the symptoms of micro-stroke are characterized by problems with the functioning of the speech apparatus. Here the determining factor is not only the size of the lesion of the brain, but also the nature of the lesion. In most cases, problems with speech are observed in patients with disorders in the left lobe of the cerebral cortex.
You can recognize the presented deviations by the following features:
- Cotton tongue
- Dyslexia in writing and confusion of words in speech.
- Can not construct complex sentences, operate with verbs in the infinitive and nouns in the nominative.
- You can not hear and accept words, process information.
As a rule, the symptoms of the microinsult of the brain do not last long, and the deviations presented above can pass, or go into an acute form.
Changes in the musculoskeletal system and muscle function
One of the most true symptoms that can be recognized by eye are immobility, paresis of limbs or partial numbness, rarely seen in leg cramps, arms, eyes. Since the microinsult exerts its influence on a small focus in the local area of the brain, the deviations are one-sided.
In addition, with the location of the disease in the vertebrobasilar basin after a micro stroke the following deviations occur:
- loss of static, dizziness, double vision
- numbness of one half of the facial muscles.
- eye muscle twitching and darkening in the eyes.
- Feeling of nausea and vomiting.
- severe cutting pain in the head.
- paralysis of one half of the body.
Neurological and neurotic disorders
If we talk about failures in memory after a micro stroke, a state of inexplicable apathy, sudden mood swings, then all the symptoms can be attributed to the symptomatology of a micro stroke. In addition, amnesia is, as a transitory nature, and is characterized by a short period. It is this symptom that is the difference between stroke and brain concussion.
The loss of memory passes by itself and rarely, when it lasts longer than 5-6 hours. If memory loss is observed for a long time, then it is not a microstroke, but another, quite a serious degree of the disease.
Diagnosis of the disease
After you have been visited by all the symptoms of the micro-stroke presented above, you should go to the doctor’s office, who will send you for examination to determine the condition of the heart and blood vessels. To such researches it is necessary to carry:
- Magnetic resonance diagnostics,
- Computed tomography
- An echocardiogram
- An electrocardiogram (ECG).
- A detailed blood test.
Treatment of a micro stroke
Unfortunately, many people do not turn during medical care and suffer a microstroke on their legs. This can not be done categorically, because with this pathology it is very important to provide medication in a timely manner. Treatment can be effective only in the first three hours of the onset of characteristic signs. Hence, the earlier a person is taken to the hospital, the faster he will be assisted, and, therefore, he will have more chances for a speedy recovery.
If, after a micro-stroke, more than 6 hours have passed, then any treatment will be ineffective. To restore blood flow in the affected area of the brain, the following drugs should be used:
- Vasodilators & mdash; Pentoxifylline, Xanthinal nicotinate, Instenon.
- Angioprotectors drugs, whose action is aimed at improving metabolic processes and microcirculation in blood vessels, they reduce the permeability of blood vessels. These drugs include Bilobil, Tanakan, Nimodipin.
- Antiaggregants are agents that reduce the ability of platelets to unite and adhere to the walls of blood vessels. This is Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Ticlopidine.
- Metabolic Drugs & mdash; Actovegin, Mexicor (mexifine).
- Nootropics are drugs that increase the stability of brain cells to aggressive influences, improve memory, mental activity. These are Piracetam, Vinpocetine, Cerebrolysin, Cinnarizine.
During the recovery period, the patient needs to exercise:
- Respiratory gymnastics,
- therapeutic exercise,
Consequences of a micro stroke
Very often, after transient disorders of cerebral circulation, no noticeable effects are observed. But some people have the following consequences of a micro-stroke:
- memory impairment,
- Reduced attention span,
- increased irritability,
- Depressed state,
- Tearfulness or vice versa aggressiveness.
There are situations when, for 3 consecutive days after a pinpoint hemorrhage, the patient has a serious ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke.
How to prevent an ailment?
If you do not want all the symptoms of the micro-visit to visit you, then you must follow the following rules:
- BP should be measured regularly. It is also advisable to keep a special diary in which to celebrate daily morning and evening pressures.
- Change the diet and remove from it fatty, salty and smoked food. It is the salt-free diet that helps lower blood pressure. In addition, you need to fill your diet with fresh vegetables and fruits, beans and fish.
- Forget about cigarettes. It is proved that when and often smoking in the blood doubles the risk of stroke.
- It is necessary to learn how to properly observe the mode of work and rest, and also develop stress resistance. Here you can help regular exercise and exercise every day.
- You should constantly monitor your health and attend doctors.
Micro-stroke & ndash; A very dangerous disease that disrupts the brain’s ability to work, causing unpleasant and life-threatening symptoms. Treat the presented ailment immediately, so as not to subject your body to various complications.