Omission of the uterus: symptoms and treatment
Omission of the uterus is an unnatural position of the uterus when the organ is below its anatomical and physiological boundary. This is due to the weakness of the pelvic muscles after pregnancy, as well as the uterine ligaments. Most clinical cases are accompanied by a shift or a very low finding of the organ when it is as close as possible to the bottom of the vagina. Among the complications, the main risk is the loss of the uterus from the vaginal opening.
For pathology, the preservation of the cervix in its place is characteristic. Another name for pathology is known — prolapse of pelvic organs. As a rule, women at pre-retirement age, as well as girls who have undergone pregnancy, are at risk of it.
Usually, the genital organ is attached to the small pelvis with the help of the apparatus of the ligaments, as well as the muscles and fascia in the pelvic floor. The reason for lowering it is the situation where the muscles holding the organ lose their tone.
Omission of the uterus can be caused by one of several reasons:
- trauma of the uterus, which are due to pregnancy and childbirth. They can be caused by inaccurate use of forceps by an obstetrician, vacuum extractor, and by improper delivery of the fetus;
- advanced surgical interventions in the genital area
- large vaginal tears
- Diseases of the nervous system. These include, in particular, a violation of the innervation of the urogenital diaphragm;
- hereditary defects of the genital organs
Among the reasons that increase the risk of the appearance of pathology, distinguish:
- old age
- large physical exertion
- a large number of pregnancies;
- obesity accompanied by high pressure in the pelvic area
- Periodic constipation
- ailments accompanied by a cough
- Tumors in the abdomen.
In women of different ages, the omission of the uterus has quite noticeable symptoms:
- Pulling pain that often radiates to the waist
- Pelvic compression
- frequent urination
- sensation of an alien object in the vagina
- The presence of large amounts of mucus or blood. With large blood loss, anemia may develop;
- pathology of the cycle of menstruation (soreness, violation of periodicity)
- the inability to live a sexual life because of soreness in sexual intercourse or inability to commit them (in later stages).
If the omission of the uterus in time is not diagnosed and does not begin to heal, the woman will have an increase in dysuric pathologies, which will manifest as incontinence or, on the contrary, difficulty urinating. In turn, this will contribute to the risk of the emergence of infectious diseases of the urinary system, which include pyelonephritis, urethritis.
There are several stages of prolapse of the sexual organ:
- Stage 1 — the uterus descends almost to the sexual fissure, but even with attempts it does not come out of it. The cervix of the uterus may fall strongly
- Stage 2 — the uterus, or its neck can partially fall out of the sexual slit with attempts;
- Stage 3 — part of the organ is seen from the vagina;
- Stage 4 — the uterus completely left the gap.
Symptoms of ovulation of the uterus at 2, 3 and 4 stages of the girl is able to determine herself — just feel the tissue of the organ protruding from the vagina. Symptoms of uterine prolapse are often characterized by a change in the position of the bladder or even the rectum. Diagnosis of the omission of the uterus by a gynecologist after childbirth, which, according to the pathology stage, can prescribe either conservative therapy (a bandage when the uterus descends), or an operation.
Many women are worried about how to treat the omission of the uterus, and whether pathology can be treated at home and without surgery. If the pathology is at the last stages, then treatment with one gymnastics at home is indispensable — you will have to do the operation. To date, there are several treatment options through surgery, and the doctor will recommend them depending on the patient’s condition. It should be noted that any treatment through surgical intervention carries the risk of complications or relapses. Most often, these methods are used:
- shortening and strengthening the ligaments responsible for organ support. Next, the muscles are attached to the wall of the genital organ or are held together by special materials
- fixation of the displaced genital organ to the surface of the pelvic wall. For example, omission of the uterus after childbirth can be corrected by attaching it to the sacral or pubic bone, as well as to the pelvic ligaments. In this case, there is a risk of exacerbation of the pathology, since the ligaments with which the genital organ is fixed will stretch over time;
- use of synthetic mesh of alloplastic material. This newest technique, which eliminates the omission of the uterus after childbirth, has a minimal risk of recurrence.
You need to perform the operation, as a rule, together with vaginal plastic. To conduct treatment (surgery) can be through access through the vagina or abdominal wall in front.
Treatment is carried out based on such factors as the age of the woman, the need to preserve the function of procreation (or lack of such necessity), the severity of disorders in the genitourinary system, and the degree of medical risk. In some cases, treatment is possible by removing the organ (hysterectomy), but indications for this should be concomitant diseases with indication of uterine removal. It should be borne in mind that hysterectomy can lead to the omission of other organs in the pelvic region, therefore, if possible, the organ should not be removed.
The period after surgery for women should not include weight lifting and various physical activities. It is also necessary to prevent constipation.
Gymnastics with the omission of the uterus — nothing but a preventive method. Also, such methods include massage, which helps strengthen the pelvic and abdominal muscles. These two methods are used when the organ has already shifted relative to its anatomical boundaries. At home, it is permissible to do the following exercises with the ovulation of the uterus:
- «elevator». A woman undergoing treatment after pregnancy and childbirth should strain her muscles a little, and leave them for a few seconds. Then, every few seconds, the muscles need to be squeezed even more. After that, they should be gradually relaxed;
- Compression. They need to be done gradually, for 3-5 seconds the crotch is clamped and released.
Absence of the uterus after childbirth at the first stage is treated with the use of a special bandage. It is an elastic structure that is designed to replace the functions of stretched ligaments. The bandage with the lowering of the uterus rushes up to 12 hours, and the doctors recommend immediately after it is removed to lie down, so as not to cause the progress of lowering the organ. A bandage when the uterus is lowered is a more versatile treatment, compared to obstetric rings or pessaries worn after pregnancy.
Prevention of unpleasant for girls pathology begins with adolescence by strengthening the muscles of the press. Also, the work should not provide for lifting weights of more than 10 kg.