How to get rid of premature ejaculation?
Despite modern medicine’s advances, premature ejaculation is still quite a vague phenomenon. In the International Classification of Diseases, this pathology is diagnosed when a man can not control his ejaculation and (or) a sexual intercourse does not last until both partners will be satisfied. Such a definition of premature ejaculation is not full as many women do not have a vaginal orgasm at all.
If several decades ago, sex less than two minutes was considered a pathology, today premature ejaculation in men is diagnosed if ejaculation occurs before a sexual intercourse or right after a man inserted his penis into the vagina.
As the results of the studies showed, this problem affects over 20% of all men. However, not all of them consult a specialist and, consequently, it leads to serious psychological disorders.
Causes of premature ejaculation
Usually, this condition is diagnosed in teenagers and young men who have just reached puberty. Their penis is too sensitive, hormones are not stable and all this leads to a too early orgasm. Teenagers do not need to worry about how to get rid of premature ejaculation as the problem will be solved itself with time and more experience. However, in some cases, a serious psychological pathology can develop in guys and this is a sexual failure expectation syndrome.
All the factors provoking premature ejaculation can be divided into psychological and physiological. In the first case, pathology is associated with a psychological sphere and in the second case, with dysfunctions of the male reproductive system.
Physiological causes of premature ejaculation:
- Too sensitive head of the penis. It can be a congenital or acquired condition, for example, the result of previous diseases. You can confirm the sensitivity of the penis head with the help of lubricants with anesthetics and prolongators. Apply some of the lubricant on the penis head shortly before sex and if the intercourse is longer, then you can be sure that the reason is penis sensitivity.
- Vesiculitis. This is an inflammation of the seminal vesicles and the disease can be a provoking factor of premature ejaculation. This pathology occurs when acute vesiculitis develops into a chronic disease. The treatment of premature ejaculation in this case should involve the treatment of infection.
- Hormonal imbalance. This can be both physiological (occurring only in certain periods of a man’s life) and pathological problem caused by the disorders of the endocrine system.
- Trauma. Mechanical injuries of the reproductive system organs can provoke premature ejaculation.
- Bad habits. It is a well-known fact that smoking, alcohol abuse and drugs lead to sexual disorders. At the first stage, a man does not need any medications to treat premature ejaculation. It is enough to give up a bad habit.
- A fear of a sexual failure or an early orgasm which often leads to premature ejaculation. This phobia is based on the male’s stereotype that the longer the intercourse the better.
- One more reason of premature ejaculation is too active masturbation. During masturbation, men want to have an orgasm as fast as possible and they do not pay attention to an emotional and physiological factor. Having sex with a woman, they do not know what sensations appear before the orgasm. Besides, the man’s body got used to fast process and during sex with a woman it will behave in the same way.
- Low mood and depression. Men do not believe that stresses at work, psychological tensions and other problems of the nervous system can lead to the problems if sexual life. However, the emotional state plays a significant role in a sexual physiology.
- Relationships between the partners. Unconscious desire of a man to finish an intercourse as quickly as possible can become a pathology. It happens if a couple is always fighting and can not find a compromise in their everyday life. In this situation, the treatment premature ejaculation is required as it can happen in every sexual intercourse even with a different partner.
How to get rid of premature ejaculation?
Before starting premature ejaculation treatment, it is necessary to find out the cause of this condition. A man needs to consult an andrologist, urologist and sex health specialist.
Usually, the use of the drugs to treat premature ejaculation is not required.
There are several techniques which can help to prolong a sexual intercourse if done regularly:
- Squeezing. Just before sex, the shaft of the penis is firmly squeezed. The breaks between the squeezes are a couple of minutes. Frictions during sex should be slow with pauses if a man feels that he is going to ejaculate.
- Stop-start. After penis insertion into the vagina, a man should stop for some time to reduce the arousal.
- Kegel exercises. This is an efficient method for premature ejaculation and it consists of the three stages. At first, a man needs to slowly tense and then relax the pelvic floor muscles. The second stage involves the same exercise only performed in a more rapid way. The third stage is straining like in urination. For better effectiveness, make this exercise several times a day, 10 exercises from each stage.
The treatment can be performed with the use of the drugs from premature ejaculation. Sedatives, neuroleptics and others can also be prescribed. However, medication therapy of premature ejaculation is rarely used because it can cause many side-effects.
Local treatment includes the use of sprays preventing premature ejaculation. A man can choose special condoms but without getting rid of a cause of this condition, there will be no effect.
Surgical treatment is the most effective way to get rid of premature ejaculation. Different types of operations are performed for this pathology:
- Circumcision. It is known that the head of the penis which is not covered by the foreskin becomes rough and less sensitive. It helps to prolong a sexual intercourse.
- Plastic of frenulum prepuce. The number of nerve endings is reduced and the problem with premature ejaculation is eliminated.
- Denervation of the glans penis. The nerve fibers are cut and then joined again. At first, the permeability is so low that a man is able to have sex 1o times in a row. The functions of the fibers restore in 4 months but the body adapts and premature ejaculation disappears.
- Injection. Hyaluronic acid is injected into the head of the penis to destroy the connections between the fibers and to reduce the sensitivity. The acid is resolved in 8 months and premature ejaculation disappears as in the previous operation.
Drugs from premature ejaculation will be useless of the cause of the condition is psychological. In this case, special group or individual psychological therapy is required.
There are also several methods in the alternative medicine having a symptomatic effect. We do not recommend using these methods as they can only aggravate the condition. If you noticed the first signs of the pathology, consult a specialist who will find the cause and choose the most optimal treatment.