Urinary diathesis: symptoms and treatment
Urine acid diathesis is not an independent ailment. This is a pathological condition characterized by the accumulation in the patient’s body of a large amount of uric acid, which has the characteristic of crystallizing. Small salt crystals are washed out each time during the process of urine emission. Such a disease in a person proceeds painlessly and without discomforting sensations. The precipitate of salts of such acid resembles in appearance a small reddish grain of sand. You can mark them only if the person urinates in a certain capacity.
The pathological condition can occur in both adults and children. In women, urine acid diathesis often appears during menopause, but in men it often manifests itself after forty years. The disease has its own code for the international classification of diseases (ICD 10) — E79.
The causes of uric acid renal diathesis can be:
- power failure. Especially in case of consumption in large quantities of meat
- frequent stressful situations
- irradiation of the body in the treatment of cancer
- uncontrolled use of alcoholic beverages
- abnormal kidney protein production
- Improper feeding of children in the first years of life. Parents try to give the baby as much meat as possible, mistakingly assuming that it has many useful components for the child. For a baby it will be much better if fresh fruit and vegetables prevail in his food
- insufficient fluid intake per day, resulting in a small amount of urine released
- Pathology of the structure or functioning of the kidneys
- Excessive exercise;
- pathogenic bacteria in the body that affect the functioning of the kidneys and liver
- body intoxication
- Prolonged refusal to eat.
During pregnancy (in the first months), women may experience urine acid diathesis, but it passes by itself in the second trimester.
The signs of urine acid diathesis are quite versatile. It is worth noting that the symptoms of pathology greatly influence the work of the internal organs and the mental state of adults and children.
The main symptoms of the disease are:
- irritability, anxiety, aggression — all this can degenerate into depression
- severe headaches;
- increased blood pressure;
- Asthma outbreaks
- Sleep disorder
- increase in body temperature;
- jumps in body weight;
- Decline of forces
- loss of appetite
- the sensation of the odor of acetone during the breathing of a sick person.
Symptoms of urinary diathesis may not appear all the time, but be of a periodic nature.
Among the consequences of urine acid diathesis in adults and children, can be:
- Kidney stones, since uric acid salts can first look like sand, but later conglomerates form;
- kidney failure
- acute nephropathy;
- disruption of the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract
- uric acid infarction.
If the urine acid diathesis is not diagnosed in time, the further course of this disease will lead to disruption of the functioning of the whole organism, as well as to a violation of the mental state of a person. Absolutely all complications are easily amenable to treatment and do not require surgical intervention.
Diagnosis and examination of the patient is carried out by the urologist, with additional consultations of the nephrologist. Specialists can appoint a patient:
- a general blood test — to determine the acid concentration
- extensive urine analysis
- Daily monitoring of urine composition
- ultrasound of organs that participate in the process of urine output
In addition, the diagnosis consists of a detailed interview of the patient, gathering information about what symptoms he feels, the alleged causes of such an illness.
Diagnosis is also carried out in order to exclude other inflammatory processes in the kidneys, bladder, urethra.
The main means of treatment of urine acid diathesis is a specialized diet that is aimed at:
- Limited use of proteins. It is necessary to monitor their overabundance or insufficiency. One gram of a person’s weight accounts for one gram of protein;
- increase in fluid intake (from two liters or more)
- limiting salt content in food.
Medicines are prescribed for:
- decrease in uric acid concentration in urine
- lowering the acidity of urine
- prevention of acid crystallization
In addition to clinical treatment, from urine acid diathesis it is possible to cure or reduce the manifestation of symptoms, folk remedies. Such methods include decoctions and tinctures of diuretic action. They are prepared from:
- Bearberry Ordinary
- The Bird’s Highlander
- Field horsetail
- Birch buds
- Cowberry leaves
- rose hips
For children and pregnant women, the appointment of any method of treatment is made only after the delivery of urine tests per day and their careful study. Therapy will take place in a facilitated, but not less effective, version.
The main method of preventing urine acid diathesis is a special diet.
The diet provides for an exception from the diet:
- fatty broths
According to the diet, you should strictly refrain from:
- hot sauces and condiments;
- smoked products
- canned goods
With the diet allowed to consume the following foods:
- milk and dairy products
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- dried fruits
- weak tea;
- flour products
- jam, jam, jams
- Fresh, fruit drinks, fruit drinks, compotes
- butter — vegetable and cream
After a week of observing such a diet, it is allowed to start eating cooked chicken and fish. Despite the severity of the diet, the number of calories consumed per day should be normal.
In addition to diet, prevention is:
- moderate daily exercise;
- timely treatment of organs involved in urinary excretion
- proper nutrition;
- consumption of liquid not less than one and a half liters per day
- refusal of alcohol.