How to Choose the Best Condom Size
Condoms are a barrier method of contraception. It is a latex sheath to put on a man’s penis before an intercourse. Buying condoms, you should know how to choose the size of a condom properly and many other things.
What you should pay attention to when choosing condoms:
- expiration date;
- type of a condom (there is a great variety of condoms);
- shape of a condom;
- size of a classic condom;
- package integrity.
Buy condoms only in drug stores. Before buying a condom, make sure you know the sizes of condoms and which one will match you.
Also, there are different functional classes of condoms:
- Oral. These condoms are of a standard or minimal thickness. They often have different flavors. Let a woman choose a condom as it is mostly used for fellatio.
- Anal. The condoms are smooth and relatively thick for a better protection. These condoms are very durable.
- Vaginal. These condoms have a standard thickness and buying them a man should know how to choose the size of a condom.
How to choose the size of a condom correctly?
Men are worried about the size of their penis and they are sure that choosing a condom its length plays the most important role. It is wrong because the size of a condom is measured by a penis girth.
A standard size of a condom in length is 18-21cm but it means absolutely nothing. Such length will be just right even for a man with an exceptionally big penis, but the girth can be different. A too big condom will slip off and can even get stuck in the vagina and a too small condom will break easily.
All barrier contraceptives have a standard size according to the girth of a penis.
Table of condom sizes
|Size of a condom||Penis girth (cm)|
|47 (S)||9,5 — 10|
|49 (M)||10– 10, 5|
|53 (L)||11 – 11,5|
|57 (XL)||11,5 — 12|
|60 (XXL)||12 — 13|
|64 (XXXL)||13 — 14|
|69 (Extra-large)||14 — 15|
Let a man choose a condom because he better knows the size of his penis, sizes of condoms and which one will match him. A woman should have (just in case) a condom of a standard size.
How do you know the size of a condom?
To buy a condom of a size you need, find out the girth of your penis. You will need a ruler and a sheet of paper. Take measurements when your penis is fully erect.
- Using a stripe of paper, fix the size at the base of the penis head;
- Make measurements at the shaft base;
- Finally, measure the penis right in the middle;
- Write down the results of measurements in figures;
- Then you need ti calculate arithmetic average of these three measurement results.
As the penis is not an ideal geometric object, the result will not be 100% accurate but it is enough to match the right size of a condom.